Do any of you remember my post on mini lasagnas? Here is a refresher
Yummy right?? Oh yes! Well, I seem to have an affinity for making meals in a cupcake pan because this past Sunday (along with a Crock Pot Breakfast casserole that I will not be sharing because it was a miserable failure) I brought breakfast in a cupcake pan. It looked like this:
YUM-O! Seriously! Bran and I had tried these before and so this time for Sunday School we decided to tear the bacon up (so that is was layered across the muffin cup and not sticking out the sides) and mix up the eggs like we were going to scramble them. And guess what? They actually freeze pretty well and reheat almost like new. Not as crunchy, but still yummy! Ready to try them? Here is our version (the picture will take you to the original.)
- 12 eggs
- 6 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 12 slices Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices. Cut each slice in half, then press a half into each muffin cups.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon. Let cool and then break into 3-4 pieces. Lay 1 bacon slice worth of pieces in each bread cup
3. In a medium bowl crack 12 eggs and whisk together. Add milk and cheese to your liking. Pour equal amount of egg mixture into bread and bacon cups.
4. Bake until eggs are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.