10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
10 oz can Enchilada sauce (or make your own.)
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken, 1 cup cheese, and half of the can of enchilada sauce. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream, remaining enchilada sauce, and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
These were so good and pretty easy for a weekday night. My husband HATES the taste of the already cooked canned chicken, so instead I cooked 4 chicken breasts with the previous nights dinner and set them aside to use the next night. If you like spicy food then use hot enchilada sauce and add some jalapeno on top. Enjoy!