There are a lot of 30 Day Blogging Challenges out there and I told myself I would never do one, ever. Until I ran across one called the Top Five and the very first day caught my eye.
What are your top five excuses?
Okay, now that sounds like fun. It doesn’t say what kind of excuse, or what you are trying to be excused from so I’m going to go with general excuses:
1. Cramps. Oh yes, this one works like a charm for, well, almost anything really. It was always best for getting out of PE, but if you just need a little time to veg-out, it might be able to buy you a moment or two also.
2. Sick. Any kind and all kinds of sick. One of my favorite poems explains this wonderfully (I LOVE Shel Silverstein!):
“I cannot go to school today,”
Said little Peggy Ann McKay,
“I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash, and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I’m going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I’ve counted sixteen chicken pox
And there’s one more—that’s seventeen,
And don’t you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue—
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I’m sure that my left leg is broke—
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button’s caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle’s sprained,
My ‘pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow’s bent, my spine ain’t straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is—what?
What’s that? What’s that you say?
You say today is—-Saturday?
G’bye, I’m going out to play!”
3. Family Obligation (or family situation that randomly popped up). Also included is anything that you use your child as an excuse for. (I can’t be the only one that has done that right?)
4. I was going to, but then I got side tracked. AKA: Holy.Cow.I.Completely.Forgot.And.I.Don’t.Want.You.To.Know. (Sometimes rephrased: That was the next thing on my list!)
5. I have a (doctor, dentist, orthodontist, eye doctor etc.) appointment, and they don’t have an opening for 3 months. (How said is it that most of the time this one is totally true!)
Okay, am I a horrible person now? What is your most used excuse?