Hello everyone!! I’m sure some of you have noticed that I lately I’ve been lacking in blog posts. Sorry, I blame the Florida sunshine. But now, we are back to reality and I am back to blogging on a semi-daily basis. In fact, I just spent the last 45 minutes writing a great post for next Wednesday about my favorite tips for traveling on a plane with a toddler. Make sure to come back and check out all my hard work :).
Okay, this week I want to share with you the Top Ten ways that people find my blog. Some of them I am sharing because they are entertaining, not because they bring a lot of views. Others account for a large number a views and I’ll let you know which is which. Alright, without further ado!
10. Crayons melted through a glue gun. Seriously, I have gotten over 50 random views from people searching for this or some kind of very similar wording in a search engine. How bizarre that my one post would get somehow tagged for this. They are directed to this post, which ironically was my first Weekly Top Ten!
9. For The Love of Blogs. This is a blog that is all about promoting other blogs. They have blog hops almost daily. Sometimes these blog hops are specific (Tasty Tuesdays) and sometimes they are very general (Comment Love Sundays). Either way, it is a very fun way to get out there and meet new bloggers while bringing in some new faces too! They also will feature your blog if you submit a request!
8. Do marshmallows and butter combine chemically? Okay, so this only happened once, but how awesome is that? Now, I don’t know if they combine chemically, but here at Chemically Inclined, they combine beautifully in this post.
7. Comment Hour. This is a really neat blog hop. You are given 25 blogs in 1 hour and you go and read a post of theirs and leave a comment! I have found so many great blogs through this and made new blogging friends! The blog hop is always on Wednesday night, and you must have a twitter to participate, but if you sign up ahead of time, your blog might just be one of the 25!
6. Picket Fence Blogs. Picket Fence is a free ranked blog directory for bloggers. They take your incoming views and outgoing clicks and rank your blog. Click below to vote for ChemInclined!
Clicking through the pages is a great way to find new blogs that you might like since all of them have a little blurb you can read. If you have a blog you should join! You will be surprised how many people will find you!
5. I Prefer to be Barefoot. This is another one of those searches that brought in more people than you would think. I was amazed at how many people Google’d this. Well, their search lead them straight to this post.
4. Works for Me Wednesdays. This is the most fun blog hop I participate in!! I love reading other people’s tips!
3. Twitter and Facebook pages. But mostly Twitter. It might just be me, but my Twitter page is a lot more active than my Facebook. Except for the time that I was mentioned on Eco Nut’s Facebook page.
2. How Much Can You Save Cloth Diapering. This is another very popular search engine hit. I’m happy to see that more soon-to-be parents are considering Cloth Diapering! We really love it in my family, more than I even thought that we would. Check out my price breakdown and feel free to ask me any questions you have!
1. Money Saving Mom. I post my weekly Walgreen’s deal in her link up and lots of people come by and check out the deals! It’s a fun way to find other blogs that have great shopping deal ideas too!